Welcome the the Treasures of Faith Corner

Matt 6:19-21 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven ... where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

My treasure and faith are in heaven. My passion here on earth is scrapbooking! If it can be cut, glued, stamped, and altered it's right up my alley! My other passion is my family...husband Paul is a pastor for our church and my 20 yo son Phillip who lives and works in North Dakota.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Father's Day Cards

Father's Day is just around the corner....2 weeks from today!  ;-)  I'm ahead of the game compared to Mother's Day!  I sat down and created a couple FD cards using Close to My Heart's Stamp of the Month for June, Wonderful Friend.    Stop by my website to order this adorable stampset before the end of the month!

Inspired by Tresa Black, these 5x7 cards feature a window where the word DAD hangs and turns when opened.

The first card I did was Cranberry, Outdoor Denim, and White Daisy using Cranberry paper and one of the B&T papers from the You Rock paper set.  Using the argyle pattern from the Stamp of the Month, Wonderful Friend   I made my own B&T paper stamping it MANY times in Outdoor Denim.  To the left I stamped with VersaMark and then used a clear prismatic embossing powder....a little bit of "snap", but not too much, after all, it's for a man!  LOL  On the inside I simply matted the sentiment that came with the stampset and it's good to go!  ;-)

The second card uses Cranberry, Sunflower, Black and White Daisy using Cranberry. Black, and White Daisy paper.  On both the front and inside, I used patterns from the Stamp of the Month, Wonderful Friend and again, made my own B&T paper.  I used the tie and the clear prism powder on this one.  Inside, I used the argyle stamp again, this time in Sunflower, and accented it by using a black marker to follow the center lines (Paul's idea!)   I continued the argyle pattern by cutting out 3 black diamonds and using them as the base mat for my sentiment.  It came out looking a bit Charlie Brown-ish, IMO, but maybe I just stared at it too long.  Good Grief!

Since I will be mailing these, I chose not to embellish them so they'd travel better.  I may change my mind and add a few brads, we'll see!  ;-)

Get the imagination going....Father's Day is still 2 weeks away....giving you plenty of time to still make cards for your loved ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment