Welcome the the Treasures of Faith Corner

Matt 6:19-21 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven ... where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

My treasure and faith are in heaven. My passion here on earth is scrapbooking! If it can be cut, glued, stamped, and altered it's right up my alley! My other passion is my family...husband Paul is a pastor for our church and my 20 yo son Phillip who lives and works in North Dakota.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Card

Hello there! Mother's Day was a bit earlier this year than I had thought it would be...oops! I got caught last Saturday night working till about 1 am doing Mother's Day cards for my DM and MIL so I could get them in the mail to arrive in time. I found this lovely Tri-Shutter card that is unique yet easy to learn. I found the best directions were by Bonnie Szwalkiewicz on her Craftiblog. Mine is made with More to Adore from CTMH with a saying that I printed off my computer.
Front view as you open it.


Extended out.


Top view.
In personalizing this, I found an appropriate Mother's Day quote and printed it and the "Happy Mother's Day" on coordinating paper. I distressed the edges with ink before adhering them to the card. Make sure you leave enough room under the quote when you cut it out for signing the card! ;-) I used a couple tabs and layered a bunch of flowers for embellishment, however, you can get as fancy or as simple as you want with this design.

Next blog: Graduation Cards for any level from Preschool to Graduate College! Instructions and tips included!

No comments:

Post a Comment